24/01/2011

hasta el fín

Probably the coolest thing ever is seeing what you've worked for really hard - I used to think people always overly emphasized their goals and achievements, but duuude, it feels so good !

So as some may know, I've ben having problems with my weight for about 5 years now - I've been through phaises where I eat loads and loads every day and phaises when I stare at lettuces and refuse to eat practically anything. This Autumn I decided I wanted a change, since being stuck in a never-ending yoyo turn can be pretty frustrating, and started to get my life & food organized. But it was not just that, I needed to really change my attitude towards food too, and begin to exercise. Since the only exercise I done by then was aerobic, but it was basically only once a week, and I kept on making excuses on why to skip one etc. etc. Now I feel really ashamed of how I could just ignore my health and body problems like that, and wish I'd just grabbed the root of the problem earlier! Oh well, atleast I feel better about it now.

So I started american football with my friend from school, and dude, it's awesome! I'm not very good at it (yet, obviously, I've been doing it for... 1½ months now?), but I can alreadyy feel the change. Aerobic is really fun (now I aim for 2 aerobics & 2 work-outs a week, but 1 work-out's enough...), but it didn't really give me any massive body changes, I just got me (a really small bit) slimmer, but now with football I feel my thighs getting toner, my stomach etting smaller AND my arms are finally growing some big guns! So that's maybe the coolest thing ever, to realize that eating or even craving food filled with either fat, salt or tons of sugar, has gone to the past. I don't feel like buying 200g of chocolate anymore, it's too much to me. I used to be able to eat packs of ice creams in one night and then hide the "evidence" as good as I could. Now I feel like if I want to do something but would be too embarresed to stand behind it, it may take a second thought to think it through.

And I've also noticed a change in my muscles - I can run faster, for a longer time period and my breath doesn't run away from me all the time. Yayyy! It feels so good that I can co to gymnastic at school or running with my friends and not be the red-faced chubby girl who has absolutely no physical health whatsoever. Eating&drinking well, exercising and just staying happy have made a huge change in my life - and it's not as hard as I thought, although it does take a lot of time. Changes don't happen in seconds. Now in 18 months I've lost 12kg, so the pace could be faster, but atleast I know I'm heading for the right direction. And there's onl one way from the bottom, right? ;)

M

No comments:

Post a Comment