14/11/2011

i don't wanna be a captain of some sinking ship

It's supernice to go to a funeral with my host mom and realize that I can eat "correctly", drink coffee "correctly", talk with people "correctly" and be accepted into the community as a foreign daughter, girl, student, whatever.

It's awesome to ask "if you don't know anyother foreigners, do you think I'm more different or more alike than you guys?" and get answered, "the same, you are one of us Minea."

It's amazing to go to the circus, cinema, park, river, other houses, casa de cultura, wherever, and see all the beauty that's surrounding me..

It's supercool to hang out with Mexicans and feel like one of them, laugh, have a good time, talk, understand pretty much everything, know where they're coming from.

It's weird to be laughed at, but then I always remember to laugh along, and I forget the weirdness.

It's nice to realize that everyday the people you live with become closer and closer and more and more like a second family. To go to a wedding with one brother, wake up at 7 the next day just to accompany another brother to an office hehehe, and to come home to chill out with the third one.

The best feeling I've probably gotten is feeling like ONE OF THEM. A daughter, a friend, a sister, a classmate, a student, a Mexican hehehehee. I'm not silent all the time, I don't just stay at home on the computer, I go, I experience, I learn. And I don't have to wonder anymore, what kind of a person am I turning into, since the best thing is to remember "you are what you create".

So yeah, I can say that this is the coolest year of my life so far.

And yes I'm sorry I'm already forgetting English :DDDDDDDDDD

No comments:

Post a Comment